11/02/2008

Women's Freedom

Here is an interesting topic to look at "Womens' Freedom". I have never heard anyone talk about "Mens' Freedom". It sounded little strange right from my childhood why various leaders and social reformers fight for women and not men.Well I did hate women then. But as I myself grew up as a Male Chauvinist in the society I started realizing the necessity to fight for such noble cause.

It took a while for me to get rid of the Male Chauvinism in me and I am still trying to eradicate the same completely.It takes time for a guy to realize the importance of women in ones life having been brought up in a male dominant society.I am not sure if i will overcome my basic character in my lifetime... :( Many say that the women now have their freedom looking at Indira Noooyi , Jayalalitha and few other achievers not to forget Kiran Bedi. Well I am proud of what they have achieved, leave alone the adverse effects they have brought to the society and cheers to them.

But let me stop and think for a while, hmmm....Is that the fact ...????? Of course not.

Many people boast about women's freedom in media. But the fact is that, they are way behind from enjoying the real freedom.Many are not given the right to choose their careers.Well leave alone the career they are not even given a chance to voice their opinions in choosing their better half. This is ridiculous to me but thats the fact and people live with it. For poeple raising their eye-brows to say no , you have to go down south to check the groung truths.

Even many of my loved ones never had a choice but to marry the ones chosen by their dad, neither did they have the courage to speak against as they were brought up in such a manner. Same is the case even now. I have seen few families accepting love marriage for guys and not for girl.I have no clue as to what logic they use for this kind of a decision making.Few even have gone to the level of beating them like hell when they confessed about their love for someone. The pathetic thing is even the mothers are like this.People saying "NO CHANCE" please try to interact with people from southern part of Tamilnadu.

I should not forget the one who are kind enough to listen to their girls opinion and give her full freedom. But the former outnumbers the later :(...... So please try to treat your girl child as you treat your guys.I am just asking to try. I am not a social reformer, just yet another guy trying to build a conducive environment for the future generation...:) It is just a suggestion. It is up to you people to realize whats right and put that into practice.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. we cant do much, until the attitude changes.. :(

Mithra said...

Nagaaaaaaa...

Thaimargal vote ellam unake unaku thaan :)
don worry..

Anonymous said...

Awesome(Did I Spell Correctly??) Dude..

This is one of the long(!!!) post that i have read Patiently.... :)

Nimme said...

i slightly disagree to your views.
we have given too much freedom for women as i perceive.
gone are the days women(wanna be brides) want to raise a family,stay at home,stick to husband whether he is good or bad.

look at now the state of marriages
women work even when they are pregnant,they have become more greedy with oppur,have u heard abt women who gave birht and back to work in a month leaving their new born babies in their parents hand?

Ridiculous it is.
Now divorce is just another event.
So i think women have misused their freedom in the last two decades.
Your post might be abotu those pavam women in rural parts of india.

I aint against women's freedom but then i think the time our parents married , women were more nice than what they are today.

Nice post.
Hope u dont delete this comment :)

Nagasaravana Perumal K I said...

@vivek
Thanks for the compliments man.

@ Nirmal....

Both have the same views....
I have stressed on a different sectionof women and u are talking abt a different section.

May be i can write a post abt the people whom are a talking abt...but then I dont think I should waste time think on.... :) What do u say... ???

Nimme said...

Aaaah Well
I dont mind honestly.I guess an year back i wrote some posts about those i referred above,i got some bashing comments from feminists.
Best thingy is not to write about it and get into trouble. :)

Hey but then we cant also generalize
our opinions also..there are some very very committed people also

Anonymous said...

"Even in marriages the brides tend to cry a lot. God, I really wonder what on earth makes her to sob"

- do u have any change of opinion about this now :)

Agnel said...

Women, more aptly put, modern women. He he, man it is one topic which is never ending and always changing over the years. It is so complex, i mean the topic, oh yeah even they are complex they most of them are confused and even leave us poor men confused. damn it!

Alright, getting a little more serious. I agree completely on the issue of the post. Many women need more freedom, i would only request god to give them some gyan to choose the right path in what ever they do with that freedom. Most of them is being misused. Btw, giving freedom is on the rise, even in rural areas. But any support to this notion needs a salute!

About nimmy asking to not post such topics and staying away from controversy? Why the heck shoudl we all worry about getting into controversy. I've been talking, writing, thinking a lot about women in most of my posts, for one reason. I want to understand them better and being a man i want to give them a better life on earth. thats all. If you don't speak your views, u can never get the answers u are seeking. Btw, i havent progressed much in that topic, but yes. to an extent i have.

About modern women misusing freedom and marriages going into a mess, guys, accept it. They are a confused lot and this freedom is something new to them. It is obvious that most of them will misuse it. Independence gives them this thought, and most feel, money is enuf. So they break up only to realise later in life that they did something really bad. This is just the beginning, many women will be prone to mental and other types of failures in teh coming decade. Wanna make some bucks, become a psychologist :) u will get more women, children and men in the future years cos of wasted marriages.

Like god wanted men to be men and women to be women. Women have certain attributes which they need to realize and give its due. Of late this is gone.

I keep telling this to all men and women I meet. The future of india is in the hands of young indian womens. The more they waste their lives cos of this stupid "freedom" attitude, india is going down the drain!

I welcome all abuses, blames and what not from men and women. In the end, i want to make this earth a better place wfor men and women.

This is one of my longest replies ever. lol, cos its my favorite topic :)

Nagasaravana Perumal K I said...

@ Agnel

The longest comment that i have received from anyone man.... :)

I will change the name in the blog as requested.One more thing u cab post the comment as a blog dude....