16/07/2008

Destiny - Part 1

I don't believe in destiny or fate.But after what has happened in my life,I am made to think again.

I am usually careless in handling my things.When I say things it includes all precious things which I manage to misplace somehow.The careless act of mine has made me suffer when I lost my debit card in October 2007 and my Passport the very next month. I got a duplicate passport within 20 days thanks to my friend Prudhvi and his friend Ranjit in helping me out.Later I learnt that it takes 1 to 2 months for a normal person to get a FIR copy only. I never knew our Police was that somberi. Aiyo Aiyo.... :)

Now coming back to the topic,It was a lovely weekend in spring in Richardson and we spent that weekend at home cleaning and cooking.Little did I realise that I had lost my wallet.Only on Monday I found that my purse went missing.I was pretty convinced that my friends had taken and were trying to bully me for my carelessness but unfortunately that was not the fact.....:( .I consoled myself hoping that I will find it in my place at office.All I could do at that moment was pray which I do when I am in a state of bother.... :)

Little over 200 Dollars
Debit Cards
International Debit Card
Credit Cards
Driving License
My precious Indian Currency ( 1500 bucks )
My Dad's photo
????????
These were the things that went missing along with the purse.

I was not worried about anything other than the international debit card and my precious Indian Currency,as it took years for me to collect them.Hoping to find it in my place I reached office only to find a small note in my desktop stating that my billfold has been found and is safe with some stranger signed by my Admin.Also I had a number to contact in the note and a mail from a stranger asking me to call the same number.I was happy that my wallet was found.I called the number and a gentleman replied asking for a place to to handover the wallet.I was waiting eagerly to get my wallet in the reception.There came an Old Gentleman holding my wallet.He cross-checked the ownership using my driving license and handed it over to me saying "Welcome to America" in a caring tone and also made me count the bills.He then made a request asking me to keep a phone number the next time I misplace it.... :) Well only then I realised the pains he had taken to trace me without much of a information in the wallet.
He had found them in washing room.Since I had not registered then in the apartment office he to had ask the near by people showing them the photo in the license.He had spent around 2 hours searching for me and finally found that I was working for Fujitsu through an Indian,thank god I was huge enough for the Indian to notice me in the vast apartment...:) Then he had contacted his son-in-law working in the same firm to inform me and made sure that the wallet reached me safely by handing them over in person.I haven't seen a single soul in my life taking such pains for a stranger that too from a different country.I wouldn't have done it for sure.He was a true Gentleman. Good people do exists in this world..... :)
Now is it destiny or fate that I got my wallet back which I never knew that I had lost..... ??????


Part -2 Coming soon.... :)
????????? will be answered in part - 2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..Awesome..
I could notice that u have changed your narrating style ;)

You never told me about this incident :-/

See.. Now on..Don ask whats the "GAIN" wen ppl do something..

There are people who do things without considering the gain :)

Gud that you happened to meet one..

Nimme said...

dude
really nice to hear that there are some nice ppl in that country

one of my frinds who went onsite narrated an experience when a native american pushed him on road in night for asking phone no for a cab !

good stuff that there are such nice fellas everywhere

btw
?????? dont tell me its ur girl friend photo [:D]
jus joking btw
awaiting its sequel

Anonymous said...

athu enna ????
keep posting..
and stop loosing wallets.. :)

Anonymous said...

Dey.. Well narrated incident.. But(Theres always one) wats tht precious indian ruppee 1500 bucks?. Yaar kodutha atha;) Innimaleavathu intha maathiri tharuthalaya suthama konjam porupoda iru machi:D

Agnel said...

Well, good people live in that neighbourhood which you had mentioned and I am the only satan there :P. A pity we couldn't meet then.

Anyways, Richardson rocks :P

Learn from your mistakes mate.

Btw, the americans are even more kind hearted than our country men!

Ravishankar said...

romba nallavana irukaanae...but great and pretty suprised to hear that.....neeya irunda kuduthiruka maata....