27/04/2008

Terminal...!

This has been a place everyone dreams of going. I had been here couple of times to send off my friends one to Australia and other to England.I was longing to go abroad for a long time. Finally got a call from TM saying you need to travel in 2 days. It was a surprise though I had anticipated.These people are very good in crisis management than situation management... :) I started my imagination over the entire trip from starting from first time flight to place i wanted to visit there in USA and so on.I remember reading an essay back in 9th Standard titled "My First Experience in Flight " . That was a narrative essay where a small girl narrates her experience right from packing to getting down the flight. It has been almost 10 years since I read that... :) Now I am penning down my own version of the same.

Well I was not that lucky to get a girl like Zeta Jones as Tom Hanks did, even had I got I am not that talented to go speak to her... :) Back to the blog, the terminal in chennai was itself a mini India. You can just get the feel of diversity prevailing in India.There were different kind of people.Few with their beautiful suits flying on a business trip, few going on a religious trip,few others dreaming about their holiday plans in some far of country, few returning to their home country ,couple of them for a honey moon trip and many others like me traveling at company's cost trying enjoy US life. Not to forget the Air Hostess.Vijay Mallaya is great.People know why I make this statement here.....:)

Of all these people there was this bunch of guys dressed in rugged clothes with a small bag in hand.They had an odd look for an International terminal. Their face depicted both happiness and fear. It was tough for me to comprehend their body language. They were having a sound sleep after the security check when all others were waiting for their flight to come. Then came the call, " All passengers for Quatar please board Flight XXX at Gate X. All these guys started moving towards the gate with anxiety in their face. Then I realized what that face of happiness and fear meant.They were leaving all their happiness here and were going abroad just for their loved ones to be happy here not sure of what waits for them.All they are concerned at the moment was happiness for their loved ones.It is a wonderful sacrifice to make and I salute them.

It was great to see these people, than many who had the necessary things for life but still go abroad just to earn money. Well the pathetic fact was I am one among the later.... :) Well I do accept that "Money is the most important factor in life" but that should never be at the cost of a relationship.Never it should be at the cost of a relationship.These days I recall a my friends mom saying, " Onna irundhu Kangi kudichalum santhosham irukkum". I am able to understand that but I am still not able to accept it..... :)

5 comments:

Nimme said...

Any Zeta Jones?

Anonymous said...

U always kindle the curiosity of the ppl who read..better post it soon...

Mithra said...

:-/

Hello.. When will u say what u want to say..

Anonymous said...

bit narrative though.. but din understadn wat u were trying to tel hehehe

sai thilak said...

Well, you had a point regarding the relationship & travel but unluckily you didn't had a Zeta Jones in your flight! :)

Lucky you, Kingfisher babes, oops!, air hostesses would have made your first flight journey a wholesome experience! Long live Mallya! :) :)