02/08/2009

Break-Up



I have already posted on this topic here. What made me start another post about this is a fantastic movie called Nadodigal. To say in a sentence, it is a classic piece of work by the director and the cast with minimum flaws.

Talking on the movie, the major plus to it is the dialogues and it's delivery especially by Sashi. I just loved hearing the native accent of Madurai which is proving to be winner is most movies ignoring the movies used to turn Black to white .. :) Though the movie lost its momentum in the later parts it was worth the watch. The comedy was carried all the way along with the story and the cast handled it really well. The atthai ponnu "Anaya" was great with her expressions, but turned out to be a pretty normal girl going against her wish and crying her whole life about that. The father guiding his son on love was something good to see happening at least in the screen :) In fact each and every character was portrayed in manner that they left an impression though small but strong in our minds.




The three main characters including Sashi helps his friend in getting married to a girl against their parents wishes with great difficult sacrificing a lot. This was so cinematic and I can bet not many will do 1% of what the they do even for their closest friend, leave alone a common friend. But then there are still few fools like this even now.... :) The climax was the best ending this movie could have had and I really appreciate the director for not turning the characters into killing spree as done in most movies.


Back to break-ups. Is it really a sin to have a break-up.....? I guess not at all.When 2 people get together they have their own expectations out of each other, and when that is not met we have a barrier developing between them. There is no real threat to the relationship as long as the barrier is to an acceptable level but, if that's growing higher and higher then it is better we have break-up instead of continuing it which is a pain for both involved. They can remain friends forever even after the break-up. I don't see any reason why they can't ..... :) Well having said this, if only one is not interested in the relationship anymore and wants a break-up then that's called ditching , a word most associated with girls barring few guys :) Well at least from what I have seen it has been mostly the girls (99.99%). I am not going argue about the reason behind it. Those are obvious.... :)


The major problem is that people get along just on physical attraction and call that to be love. So once they out of the physical desire they end up in a break-up. This is ridiculous. I would prefer people being open on their intentions in a relationship. It is better to be together and see if things work between them and then fall in love rather than jumping in too early and regretting the thought later. In simple you can better call it a pre-marital affair if that is what your intentions are, that way people will not mistake true lovers. That's the whole point brought in the and I very much agree to that.

5 comments:

Nimme said...

Yes...Naga..if the climax was about killing ppl then it would hv been a tragedy stuff like subramaniyapuram..

Well this breakup stuff is a shady topic...in sense i never understand why they love why they make a relationship..why they hang out ..why they finally realize dad/mom/career is important and break up with open heart. sounds like self pitty stuff..

if someone enters a relationship first thing is they should make it work out..and you know giving it up for parental pressure or better ones is shaddy .. Recent trend is lets hang out and see if it works out and then decide..

I dont know..you hv to leave it to individual choice..no point being with someone who wants to move away..

"edho ellarum nalla irrunda seri.."

What makes sense to me is laughable logic for someone..so..best is leave it to individual choice..

Nobody would do things as they show in movie..our illustrious peers would claim to be busy..and you know what busy they are...

its a very nice movie..i liked ti very much...

Nagasaravana Perumal K I said...

@ Nirmal

Recent trend is lets hang out and see if it works out and then decide.. Nice point made :)

Agnel said...

Nimmy, that was a good one and it is true.

I heard from a good friend of mine(a girl), "what is the point if I marry someone I don't know, then if I don't like him, how do you expect me to live with him all my life?"

I asked her, "Then what do you plan to do?"

Her reply, "Date him and see if I like him, else date someone else".

I never understood what people do in a date. Recently I heard, it is a common thing for dates to end up in the bed.

I still keep asking myself why was I born in this age. 1950s would have been apt for me :D

Girls/Boys fall in love with their own selfish needs than the relationship/partner over a period of time, hence they call it quits without guilt/shame.

Nagasaravana Perumal K I said...

@ Agnel

I wonder what is wrong in the present which makes u wated to be in 1950's.

Agnel said...

Somethings can't be explain :)