29/07/2010

Season of Surprises....

Friend : Hey one good news .....
Me :Sollu machi epo da kalyanam ?????

This conversation has become quite common these days. If you receive a call from your friend after quite sometime and you are able to sense some excitement in the tone, you can be certain that they have called you to invite either for their engagement or marriage. I have been served with too many surprises from my friends in the last month and I have ended up with almost no clue as to how to react to few of those. It all started of with Prudhvi a year back and now it is coming thick and fast. It has even made me think that I am growing a little old to be a bachelor anymore though I enjoy it like ever before.... :)

I have reacted differently to each, I was angry at a friend and shouted at him. The best surprise was from my best pal and I was nearly flabbergasted hearing him. I am still finding it really difficult to get out of the shock. But then slowly and steadily I have realized that opinion differs a lot when it comes to the choice of girl to marry. It has been quite contrasting from the same guys who were sighting similar girls together in college and company. As expected beauty has taken a step back seat and other stuff have taken precedence. Compatibility, character, purpose of life, expectations of family and of course horoscope, caste and status have been major influences in these decisions. Few choose what's best for them and others choose what's best for the family and a very few even leave the choice to their parents which is really a huge surprise these days. No matter how these decisions are taken, it is important that they take the best decision for it influences the rest of the life to come, to a great extent.

I am sure everyone is happy with their decisions and wish them a prosperous life ahead and hope we are in touch even after our marriages. Lesson learnt recently, do all you can do to help your friends narrow down on the best partner, only if you are asked for, never offer any advice or even suggestions after a decision is made by them and their family,for everyone knows whats best for them. You might not be in the same boat as they are, just wish them good luck. :)

5 comments:

Mithra said...

Gud one :)

Deepak said...

That sounds like words coming out of a 40+ old guy :-) guess this is wat they call "maturity" :-)

Unknown said...

Good one Naga... Good thoughts and well presented... So when am I going to get a call from you?????

Nimme said...

Dude,

There is a heavy marriage rush/season ahead!!

True, choices of guys/girls are different but one thingy here is everyone wants the best out of it!!

No point in telling ppl what to do and what not to!!

Ok Naga matterkuva,,,

Eppo Kalyanam ;) (dont tell me u dont know and u hvn't decided )

Nagasaravana Perumal K I said...

@ Mithra,Rajesh,Deepak
Thanks guys...

@ Nirmal
I have started the hobby of collecting invitation cards and it has already reached more than 25 da... And by the way i have decided a long back but things are too complicated as of now :) so have to wait for things to clear.....